How your fundraising dollars make a difference:
- Every $50 raised provides a critical hour of counselling
- Every $65 gives a hungry youth a week of warm dinners
- Every $75 will provide a youth with a place to call home at our new housing project
- Every $100 lets us prepare a start up kit for a youth leaving the shelter
- Every dollar raised helps give a young person the courage to leave an abusive relationship
- Every dollar raised helps give a young person the confidence to return to school or pursue a job
YSB’s SleepOUT for Youth event raises critical funds to support Ottawa’s only youth emergency shelters, housing programs and related services to give at-risk youth a place to call home and a brighter future. This year’s event will also support YSB’s new supportive housing project set to begin construction this fall on Riverside Drive. The new 39-unit residence will offer housing to homeless and high-risk youth, aged 16-24, and complete wrap around support and services proven to contribute to a young person’s ability to break the cycle of chronic homelessness. YSB’s SleepOUT for Youth event raises critical funds to support Ottawa’s only youth emergency shelters and programming to give at-risk youth a brighter future.
This year more than 1,000 young people in our city will spend the coldest, darkest months of the year with no place to call home. Sadly, the winter is not the only battle for homeless youth. Many are also dealing with the effects of trauma, mental health issues, poverty, and addiction.
Winter nights in Ottawa are brutally cold and unforgiving. Luckily many of us have options at the end of our day: a warm bed to sleep in, a hot meal to eat, and a loving and supportive network of friends and family. Without your support, homeless youth will find themselves cold, hungry and alone.
More than 24% of shelter users in Ottawa are under the age of 17, and we can all agree that the streets are no place for a young person. Your dollars will provide homeless youth a renewed sense of hope for their future!
Thank you for your support!