Your Fundraising Toolkit
Fundraising is easy, if you know where to start. Your BEST resource is your Personal Fundraising Page, so be sure to check out all the interactive fundraising tools available to you. Here are some other tips and tricks to kick start your personal fundraising campaign TODAY!
1. SPREAD THE WORD with SOCIAL MEDIA
- TWEET ABOUT IT! Raise money and awareness by letting your friends know that you are participating in YSB’s SleepOUT for Youth event.
- INSTAGRAM IT! Download the SleepOUT logo and start sharing. Don’t forget to hashtag #YSBSleepOUT and tell your friends WHY and HOW to donate
- FACEBOOK IT! Download our Facebook Banner image so all your friends can see that you are participating in this year's SleepOUT. And be sure to get the link to your personal fundraising page and share it with your friends and family so they can donate directly to you online!
- Download and print the SleepOUT Speech Bubble, fill it out, take a selfie with it and post it to social media.
2. HIT THE PAVEMENT and THE INBOXES
- DOOR-TO-DOOR fundraising is one of the most effective forms of collecting donations. Visit your neighbours and tell them why you’re sleeping out this year. Use our pledge form and our letter of support to get started.
- SEND AN EMAIL to family, friends or colleagues. A personalized email goes a long way! Download our sample email, or login to your personal fundraising page to access more emails and resources.
3. POSTER YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
- Get the word out by putting
the SleepOUT poster up around your neighbourhood on Community boards, around your home, work and school.
4. GET CREATIVE!
- Asking friends and family for donations is a great start. And, how about organizing a specific fundraiser for your team? Check out the A to Z of Fundraising for some great ideas.